FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are your office hours?
- Monday 7am – 3 pm
- Tuesday 7am – 12 pm, 4 pm - 8 pm,
- Thursday Noon – 8 pm.
- Friday Noon – 8 pm.
How much do you charge?
$120.00 per fifty-minute hour. A reduced fee schedule is available for clients who qualify.
What about insurance?
In network plans include Aetna, Beacon, First Choice Health, Regence and Value Options.
Best time and way to reach you?
You can text, call or email (see the contact page). I usually get back to people within a 24 hour period.
Do you accept debit cards / credit cards?
I prefer checks or cash, but I accept debit and credit cards. Many clients prefer financial matters completed outside the therapeutic hour.
What psychological theories do you use the most?
- The IITAP (International Institute of Trauma and Addiction Professionals) Task Based Model is one that is constantly evolving based on cutting edge research into sexual addiction. Industry leaders keep their fingers on the pulse of evolving neuroscience and its application to best practices for counselors.
- AEDP is what I lean on the most for trauma recovery, with its focus on emotion as the basis of our adaptive power in a relational environment.
- I have a master’s degree in family systems theory and have studied chemical dependency recovery (using family systems), working several hundred hours with opiate dependent clients.
- With a bachelor’s degree in Biblical Literature and a vibrant personal Christian faith, I continue to believe in the profound significance of developing one’s own spiritual life however it’s manifested for people (e.g. honoring one’s deepest values as an atheist or agnostic etc.)
Where did you go to school and how long have you been a counselor?
I attended Leadership Institute of Seattle, affiliated with Bastyr University and graduated in 1996. I worked at Fairfax Psychiatric hospital for more than ten years and then for Compass Health for five years. I also completed the course requirements for chemical dependency recovery from Edmonds Community College and worked with opiate dependent clients for several hundred hours. In 2005 I started a private practice in Edmonds.